Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Love and Marriage - Part 2



I'm switching things up tonight and linking up with these pretty ladies!
You can follow JennaShayJennLindsay, and Megan, which I highly recommend :) 

Today's topic is struggles or obstacles that we've faced during our marriage/relationship. 

Andy and I started out 2010 with a bang!  We we're both working full time jobs and he was going full time to school at night to finish his Bachelor's degree.  March came and as we all know, it's my birth month.  We took our first road trip/vacation together to Wisconsin to see his best friend Nick and his fiancee Laura.  There in Wisconsin we decided that we would move in together.  Being together officially for only 6 months together and then deciding to move in together was a big deal, but we were more than ready for the next step in our lives.  We wanted to see if we could make it last.  We both went into it with the mind set that if it works, great.  If not, then we tried.  Sounds so depressing but it was the truth.  This was the first time I had ever moved in with a significant other and this was his first time moving out of his parents house and in with a significant other.  I will say that there was times where we had to figure things out.  Some days were a challenge, but nothing we couldn't handle.  We decided very early on with who did what chore (I'm telling you, it makes life so much easier).  I was going to do the laundry and his was dishes and bathroom.  We still to this day that that "rule".  We always help each other out whenever possible but it's coded as our chore around the house.  

We chose a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment with laundry on the second floor.  This is Very important people, MUST have laundry in the household.  I can't imagine dragging laundry all over to clean and fold and then drag back to the house to put away.  It's hard enough as it is.  

The other bedroom was used as a guest room, we had a desk and my queen size bed in that room.  It was tiny in there!  Our apartment did not have a fireplace and we were fine with that.  It was a decent sized apartment to live it and we stayed there from April 2010 - May 2011.  We had our usual issues with the apartment that I am sure many people had issues with.  A complaint about noise (you were not allowed to do anything loud like laundry, use the dishwasher, play loud music/tv, or vacuum during "quiet hours". ), complaint about mold growing on the outside of the windows (the apartment blamed that on us, YEAH RIGHT), and the biggest complaint of all: the air conditioning.  Holy cow, I never knew that air conditioning could run so much and not cool at all.  Our lease expired in April 2011 and we had signed another year lease in March 2011 and then we found a house.  Stupid us to wait to look for a house once you sign another years lease, but it all worked out in the end.  Because we had complained about certain things, the management decided to let us out of our lease for the 2011-2012 year.  We moved out in May 2011.  

2010 was also another big year for us, we got engaged on Christmas Day 2010.  One of the best moments of my life.  Andy know's that Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday.  He proposed by sending me on a scavenger hunt throughout our apartment.  The final stop, the Christmas tree and the ornament I had given him several weeks ago.  My ring was hanging from the ornament.  I do not have the hard drive connected to get the photos of my ring on the ornament.  One day, I will post them.  :) 


1 comments:

Jen said...

We didn't live together before we got married (because we were only together for 2 months before we got married haha). I think it's good that you guys did, always helps. :)

Post a Comment