Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FitBit Update #2

It has officially been 2 weeks and one day since I started with the FitBit.  So, how have I been doing??  Good for 10 days of it, bad for 5 days of it.  Thanksgiving really threw me off and I put myself in this mindset, "I had bad food yesterday, one more day cant hurt".  Bad Jessica......  But I will say, I picked the diet back up promptly on Monday (11/26).  So I can say Go Jessica there.  :) 



My goals for the day are as follows:

  • Walk 10,000 steps a day
    • This goal is hard because I sit at a desk all day, so I have to put a lot of steps in after work.  It's good though, it forces me out of the house to either walk Keeley around the neighborhood or walk on the treadmill in my basement.
  • Walk 10 flights of stairs a day
    • This goal is easy, we have steps in our house, and there are many stairs at my work.
  • Distance of 5.00 miles a day
    • A tough one at first, but I will work my way up there
  • Burn 2,387 calories a day
  • Have an activity goal of 1000
    • This is determined by the amount of activity you've obtained in the last 24 hours

Monday (11/26):
  • Steps: 11,083  :)
  • Stairs: 20 :)
  • Distance: 4.63 miles
  • Calories Burned: 2238
  • Activity Goal: 776
Tuesday (11/27):

(this was my "off" day of working out, as you can tell by the crappy numbers)
  • Steps: 3200
  • Stairs: 9
  • Distance: 1.34 miles
  • Calories Burned: 1878
  • Activity Goal: 419
I didn't walk at work after lunch because it was too cold outside (the temperature was in the high 30's).....poor excuse now that I think about it.  I need to get a winter hat, suck it up and walk everyday after lunch!

What excuses do you use to not work out?  I find that I hold myself so much more accountable with this blog than ever before!  I am also considering getting up a half hour earlier to walk on the treadmill to jump start my steps.  I find that getting home, I don't have the desire to walk.  

I want to make sure I do NOT fail, failing is NOT an option!!

I think Tuesday's will be my FitBit Update day, so look for it here on out!  :)  

~Jessica




0 comments:

Post a Comment