Tuesday, August 27, 2013

#NOtivation - Monotony

Whew, what a Tuesday morning that I was not expecting!  I start work at 7 AM {on purpose} and walked up to one of our buildings for some paperwork.  Right when I walked out of the door I smelled something burning.  At first I thought it was on of the residential houses nearby burning something out in their yard, then I thought a dumpster was on fire on campus.  I started walking closer to it and realized it was a car in the parking lot.  I made sure to call 911 to report it and get the fire department out here quickly.  Thankfully someone else called a couple minutes before me.  One of our employees car's just started to catch on fire while sitting in the parking lot, kind of odd.  Thankfully the employee is safe and sound but his car is not so much.....it is certainly toasty!  I wanted to get a photo of the car on fire, but thought it might be disrespectful to the employee and just not right ethically as a representative of Human Resources, but the blogger in me was dying to snap that.  


Today I am linking up with Mal Smiles and Life Oceanside for the Tuesday edition of:

Mal Smiles

I'm not going to lie, I am having a tough time getting motivated to get to the gym.  I try to go right after work, but sometimes I talk myself out of it.  For example, Friday.  I had my clothes and shoes and drove to the gym, sat in the parking lot to make sure I had everything and sure enough, I forgot a sports bra. So did I run home and get a sports bra and go back up? No!  Should I have, uh YES!  The weekend was full of cleaning and whatever else, no "time" to get to the gym.  Monday, I made sure I got to the gym.  Andy even met me up there.  I told him I had no motivation in this but he still made me go.  I'm glad he made me go, but it's still difficult in getting myself to go up there.  I like to treadmill, but get tired of the monotony of it fast.  I think I am going to switch it up.  Everyone other day the gym and the other days a workout DVD at home.  I really would like to start the Jillian Michael's  - 30 Day Shred and possibly the Yoga Meltdown.  I also have the ability to do Zumba on the PS3.  I haven't geared myself up to actually attend the free Zumba class at my gym.  One day I will....I hope.  :) 

What workout's are your favorite? Have you ever tried a Zumba class in a gym? Any workout DVD's you might suggest to help with my monotony problem?  


6 comments:

Kace said...

The blogger in you was dying...oh how many times I have felt this way. I just want to shout- But it's for the blog! hehe I'm lacking in the motivation department, too. Perhaps I'll make some goals for February to get me up and running again.

The Pro Army Wife said...

Hi Jessica! Found your blog through the link-up. I LOVE Zumba!! It's a fun way to get cardio work done - and it was very helpful for me to keep motivated because I love to dance.

Kate @ Like American Honey said...

Hey Jessica! I have the exact same issue with talking myself out the gym. I've learned that I definitely need diversity to stay motivated. You should give Zumba a shot! I haven't yet but am really curious. You should blog about it afterwards to share your thoughts!

Jen said...

it's so hard to find the motivation some days, I think we all struggle with that.

Mallory said...

I want to do the 30 Day Shred too! You can find the videos on YouTube! I just don't have a pair of 5lb weights here yet! Thanks for linking up!

JennOvey said...

Girl, you are talking to the QUEEN of lacking motivation. It sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work! I've never been able to bring myself to take Zumba in public, but I enjoy my copy on the Wii as well.

Post a Comment