Thursday, December 4, 2014

When the Daycare calls you at work.....

Luke has been dealing with a stuffy nose for 2 weeks now and I really thought we were getting to the end of the snot, but I was wrong.  I went out on my lunch to run an errand and when I got back I literally sat down in my chair and the receptionist is telling me that my daycare is on the other line.  "Are you kidding me...."  

I was told that Luke had a low-grade fever (99.6 degrees) and that RSV is running rapid throughout the daycare.  There are 7 cases of it and 1 child is in the hospital because of it. The director said he didn't have to go home yet but if his fever starts to rise anymore that I would have to come get him. She also told me that they got out some gunk from the nose which was helping him breathe a bit easier.  I immediately called Andy to let him know what was going on and he wanted to go pick up Luke now rather than wait until 4:30 PM, when we got off work. 

Thankfully my boss has been so supportive with taking care of Luke and she told me to go and don't worry about it. I called the pediatrician's office to find out if I should bring him in to be seen just in case. The lady who answered the phone at first didn't understand why I was leaving it up to my doctor to bring in him or not, but with his blood disorder and him being only 11 weeks old, I wasn't going to take any chances.  Plus, if his fever were to get worse in the middle of the night, I wouldn't know how much Tylenol is OK to give to him. The nurse called me back and said to bring him in to be checked out since there were so many cases of RSV in the daycare.

Luke did great in the doctor's office and they did the swab for RSV.  Poor kid did not like the swab up the nose, but who can blame him?  He now weighs 14 pounds, 8.5 ounces (73% in his age range) and I can tell that he is taller too, we just didn't measure him.  The RSV test came back negative, THANK GOODNESS and his temperature in the doctor's office was 98.1 but that was under the arm and you are suppose to add 1 degree onto that....I think.  

Heyyyyyy cutie patootie! :)

He was smiling at me in the doctor's office, what a silly goof!

Looking out the window and keeping baby distracted while we waited on the RSV test results. Whatever works!

Napping on our walk out of the doctor's office and to the car.

Some tummy time that evening.

All in all, he is feeling good and was giving us lots of smiles.  I can handle lots of smiles!  :) This morning he went back into daycare and I am hoping he wont catch that nasty virus. As much as I would LOVE to just stay home with him today so that he wouldn't catch it, I can't. I have very little sick time to use and need to save what I can for when he really does get sick and I can't send him to daycare. 
 photo greysignature_zps937d4ad0.png


Jen said...

I'm glad you took him in! Fingers crossed that he doesn't catch anything.

Ali said...

Glad buddy is ok. Cute pics!!

StephTheBookworm said...

Feel better little guy!

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, sweet baby! Fingers crossed that the virus stays far away from you guys (and us). Sick kids are the worst.

Post a Comment