Thursday, January 8, 2015


Oh the sickies have invaded our house....I was doing so well at blogging too and then the sickies entered and I've been running around like a mad woman this week between work, being sick, and taking care of us all. It all started on Monday when I get a call from the daycare that Luke isn't eating and every time he takes a drink he pulls the bottle out of his mouth and turns his head. They were thinking ear infection. So Andy left work early to get little dude. I wasn't able to leave because it was a payroll day and I was in the middle of completing my work. Let's also not forget that on this Monday Andy took our "new to us" car to the dealership to get the repairs done; my Prius decided to sound like it was going to explode when started that morning, so it had to go to the dealership; and my stomach began to ache after lunch...I was ready to throw in the towel on Monday around 1 PM that day.

Andy picked up Luke and he thankfully took a good nap in his car seat. I was able to get him into the doctor at 4 PM. I get off at 3:30 PM but had to go to the Toyota dealership first to drop off the Prius. My mom thankfully met me there and took me to her house so that I could drive my brother's car. I then was able to make it to Luke's doctors appointment. I think Andy was so thankful that I made it. Luke was diagnosed with a double ear infection and given a prescription for amoxicillin. Am I the only person who loves the smell of that pink bubble gum stuff? My stomach began to get worse and worse and I knew that I was starting to get sick.
At the doctor's office

I was able to get home and then the flu like symptoms began. UGH! I never got a fever but I wasn't able to keep anything down, not even water. Andy said he would take care of little guy and I and I was like, "Great!" Until 2 AM when Andy got sick....DAMN IT!! Needless to say, we spent the day lounging. I don't know how, but I was able to bounce back pretty quick from my sickness. I was able to run to Target to get us some Gatorade so that we could get something in our systems. I also picked up some Pedialite for Luke in case he decided to stop drinking his formula. 

Poor bubs!

He likes to lie on the couch himself. Mommy of course is right next to him.

Still getting smiles even though he doesn't feel good.
Also, note different jammies. He spit up too many times on the blue ones.

Toyota calls me and tells me they can't find anything wrong with me car....not shocking at all. I was able to go pick up my brother, drive him and I to the dealership to get my car and then drive home with my own car. I knew it was the only time to be able to do it.

Wednesday I was back to work, Luke was back at daycare (even though I could tell he didn't feel the best, I had to send him because I don't have much time at all to use and I need to save it for when he's really sick and can't be at daycare), and Andy was back to work (he worked at home, lucky duck!). Luke did OK at daycare. I did receive a call asking if they could give him some Tylenol at 10 AM, which I allowed and they said he wasn't eating; but I know that means he is only eating 1-2 ounces instead of his usual 5 ounces. I said he should be fine as long as he is taking something and isn't dehydrated. I think the daycare was being overly cautious, which I am grateful for, but I also think they really didn't want him there. Tough though, I'm paying for the daycare, he doesn't have a fever and I have to work. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't. Trust me! I remind Andy all the time! :) 
Took an evening cat nap. He didn't sleep well at daycare. I think he missed Mommy!

So that was my crappy past 2 days. I plan on telling you all about our "new to us" car once we get it back. We thought the repairs would be done on Tuesday and it's now Thursday and we still don't have our car. Thank goodness they give our loaner cars! P.S. TOYOTA YOU SUCK AT NOT GIVING LOANER CARS! 
 photo greysignature_zps937d4ad0.png


Jen said...

:( Sorry you all were sick! Hope you are feeling better. Hugs!

StephTheBookworm said...

Aww, hope you all feel better soon.

Post a Comment