Sunday, November 16, 2014

Luke Andrew - 2 Months Old

Month - 2 Months Old, November 12th, 2014

Height - 23.75 inches!  He has grown another inch from last month and 2 inches from birth!  He is in the 93% of height.

Weight - 12 pounds, 7.5 ounces!  Again little dude is putting on some weight and growing!  He is up 4 pounds from birth and 2 pounds from last month.  He is in the 73% of weight.

Diaper Size - I just had to move him to size 2 diapers on Friday the 7th of this month.  He could still wear the size 1's but I could tell that they were getting a little tight and there was more room in the 2's.  I cannot believe how fast you move to a size 2 diaper.  I thought we would be in 1's for at least another month or two.

Clothing Size - currently he is wearing 3 month clothing but I can tell that we are going to have to move him to 6 month clothing by the end of the year and maybe even by the end of this month!  It's because he is so tall that the sleepers and onesies are getting short on his torso and he doesn't have a lot of room to stretch out.  I have a lot of 6 month clothing thanks to my mom, but am going to need to get some more jammies for him to wear.  

Sleep - we are still struggling at times in this department.  I wish I could say "Oh he's been sleeping through the night"....but I can't.  I want to say that some of it has to do with his anemia and other parts has to do with he is just pain over-tired.  I'd say 98% of the nights he is sleeping in his crib at night.  The other 2% he is sleeping in the Rock n Play in our room.  We start the bedtime process at 8pm with a bath by Daddy.  Then is lotion, jammies, brush the crazy hair, read a story (our favorite is "The Going to Bed Book") and then a 4 ounce bottle.  I lie Luke in his crib and sometimes he cries and other times he lies in his crib awake until he falls asleep.  Most of the time I have to go in there 1 time to give the pacifier and then he is out.  He awakes at night anywhere from 2-4 times a night....yes I typed a 4 in there because it's true and sooooo tiring!  

Starting on Friday the 7th something switched in Luke and he is sleeping sooooooo much better!  Now he sleeps from 8pm to around 1am, eats and then is back out until 4 or 5am.  Eats again and sleeps until around 7:30 or 8am.  We have been on this schedule for almost a week now and it feels amazing to get some more sleep now.  Also the stress of knowing that we are hopefully done with waking up 4 times a night!  The thought of getting up every 2 hours to feed while I am back at work was really starting to get to me.

Eating - 3-4 ounces of formula at night and 4-5 ounces of formula during the day.  He eats 3-4 hours a day. I nurse or pump 1-2 times a day.  Breastfeeding/pumping is going to be another story or another day.  As much as I would like to say it's working for us, it just isn't and I am throwing in the towel.  We switched his formula from Enfamil Infant to Enfamil Gentilease.  I noticed that at times he would act like he was in pain from eating and wouldn't finish a bottle so I switched him to the Gentilease and he seems to be doing better with it.

Likes - when it's time to eat, his pacifier, his puppy, mornings when he is the most happiest, routine with Mommy, diaper changes, bath time, car rides, walks in his stroller, music, comfy cozy blankets, his play mat or really anything that lights up and sings and he can lie under and watch 

Dislikes - dirty diapers, when he isn't fed at that moment he is ready, being cold, sitting in one place for too long, 

Firsts - Halloween, moving the car seat straps up a step, getting his first and second blood transfusions

Nicknames - Mr. Luke, bubba, little dude, little buddy, buddy, Mommy's baby
 photo greysignature_zps937d4ad0.png


Jen said...

He is such a precious boy and growing so fast!! :)

Ali said...

Handsome!! So glad I got to snuggle him last week.

Alicia Rowland said...

He's bigger than Tilly in clothes, diaper size, and weight and she'll be 5 months on Friday! Haha

Post a Comment