Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend Recap

I'm not going to lie, I REALLY thought that last Friday was going to be my last day of work, baby boy would be here and life would be completely different.  Well guess what, life is the same as it was last Tuesday....I'm crabby, i'm tired and I just want to meet my baby boy!  I really don't want to be at work for the fact that I'm going to have to hear my co-workers and their comments, thoughts and suggestions once again....UGH!

Friday was Andy's birthday.  That evening we went to dinner to Dewey's Pizza (his choice, of course).  I ordered 4 birthday cake ice cream sandwiches from Coldstone Creamery also, which Andy LOVED!  I wanted to walk around a mall, so we decided on one of the new outlet malls.  Andy picked out an adorable Puma outfit for little man and we picked up some special treats for Keeley.  Her birthday is on Thursday, so I had to get a special cookie for her!  :)  The evening was pretty low key and quiet, which was a nice change of pace.


Keeley's special treat

Baby boy's new Puma outfit picked out by his Daddy


Saturday our friend's from Wisconsin, Nick and Laura were in town.  We went to lunch to Buffalo Wild Wings with them and then just lied around the house.  It was really nice to spend some time with them and just hang out, rather than running all over the place.



Sunday I wanted some pool time.  I wanted to feel weightless and the pool was just the thing to make that happen.  We went over to my mom's house and spent some time in the pool.  It was nice and relaxing.  We then went walking around a local mall and picked up 3 new Disney books for baby boy (buy 2, get 1 free).  That night we met up with my family to go to dinner to celebrate Andy's birthday with him, Buffalo Wild Wings again (I am a good wife).  We had cake and ice cream too, which I was more than fine with.




Monday was another low key day but I had declared it in my mind, "Let's induce Labor Day"....LOL!  I ate fresh pineapple, I bounced on the yoga ball, we walked around another mall, and I ate chinese food.  I can tell that he is significantly lower this morning (Monday, so maybe the walking and yoga ball are working?)  That evening we BBQ'd with our neighbors and I spent the evening watching the first hour of the Lifetime movie, "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell" movie.  I was too tired to watch the rest, so it's recorded.  :) 

This is what I wake up too every morning.  Andy is not a sleep in kind of person, so Keeley gladly takes his spot when he gets up.  She lies in bed with me until I get up.  Such a sweetheart.

Keeley is pooped after getting the squeaker out of her toy.  Such a rough life.


Inducing "Labor" Day....I tried!

This morning, I am tired.  I was up at 3am because the bladder just won't hold for all night long and my lower back was killing me. Walked back to bed and checked my phone real quick and I see like 7 tornado warnings that came through around 12am....so of course I unlock the phone and start to research to see if any tornado's touched down.  None, thankfully, but then to get me back to sleep was impossible.  It really was impossible because I have been up since 3am and I am tired and crabby now.  I am at work and I just don't want to be here.  


Coffee this morning...well needed.  Made me some pumpkin spiced coffee with sweet cream creamer.  YUM!

I just need to keep reminding myself that I can see the finish line....almost there and you will get to meet your baby boy!
 photo greysignature_zps937d4ad0.png


2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my!! Those outfits are adorable. He is going to look so cute!

Linnea said...

That cake looks good! I'm glad you had a nice weekend! :)

Post a Comment