Friday, August 7, 2015

5 on Friday - August 7th!

Happy Friday! Tonight I played "single mom" due to the fact that poor Andy was stuck at work really late tonight. While I enjoyed spending the time with Luke, I felt like a piece of us was missing without Andy here. I know he was really bummed about not spending time with Luke too. 

ONE

Not sure what's come over me lately, but for the last couple of months I have been really into makeup. Trying new products, watching vlog reviews of makeup and seeing what works best for me! One of the vloggers I regularly watch suggested this lipstick color and I've have looked everywhere for it. Well props to Amazon and Prime shipping! I'm excited to try it out tomorrow.

TWO

Another new favorite makeup item of mine are these beauty blenders from good ol Amazon again! For $14.97, you get 4 of these. I tried these without googling "How to use beauty blenders" and wasn't thrilled. Then I decided to get smart and GTS (Google that S*!t) and found that you need to get these sponges good and wet. They then expand to 25% bigger in size. Wring out as much water as possible, apply foundation and "Wah-la", foundation that looks flawless on your face!

THREE

I can be picky when it comes to protein powder and this takes the cake for tasting good. Granted I don't drink this with just a liquid and a shaker. I like to make mine in a smoothie format. I fill my cup with ice, add a splash of a coffee flavoring (this is my favorite right now), a scoop of protein powder and fill the cup with milk. Blend and put in a cup with a straw. It's my go to breakfast to drink in the car on my way to work.


FOUR

Yep, gotta add in the "Mommy Blog" part of this blog and say how much I love these diapers for Luke to use at night. Luke woke up 2 mornings in a row with wet mammies and I started to look for night time diapers. I tried another store brand and I didn't like them. They didn't do well and were just like the daytime diapers. I then decided to try the Pampers brand and LOVED them because Luke no longer had soaked jammies. We order these from Amazon and get a subscription every other month.

FIVE
What a better way to end this blog than with an adorable photo of my baby! We did a little photo shoot at home with my Canon dSLR on Saturday night. I needed to order Luke's 1st Birthday invitation and wanted to get some adorable photos of Luke with a neutral background. Trust me, we have a bajillion photos of Luke, but none with a background like the one above. 

I hope you all have an enjoyable Friday and hope that your weekend is just as fabulous!


http://alizadventures.blogspot.com


All of the products I mentioned in this post I enjoy and am blogging about for my own pleasure. I was in no way compensated to speak about the products above. If you are looking for product endorsement opportunities from me, please email me at bettertogetherandforever@gmail.com



 photo greysignature_zps937d4ad0.png


3 comments:

Jen said...

That photo of Luke is just adorable! :) Have a great weekend sweet friend!

Ali said...

Love!!

StephTheBookworm said...

Aw, what a cute picture of Luke! I can't believe he's turning one soon! I remember when you first announced he was born! So exciting!

Post a Comment