Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bring on the cooler weather

Today's weather forecast, chance of rain and cooler temperatures!!
7 Day Forecast

Thank goodness for the cooler temperatures.  Last night Keeley was whining to go on a walk and I had no desire to walk because it felt like an inferno outside.  But being the good mommy I am to Keeley, we walked anyways.  It might have been a short walk, but a walk is a walk.  :)  She was happy and that's all that matters.  

Today, I promised recipes, so recipes I shall give.  :) 



Ingredients

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour (I used King Arthur's 100% whole wheat flour)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs                                                                                                         
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 medium finely chopped peeled tart apples (I used honeycrisp apples)

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. 
Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.




Ingredients


Foil
Butter
Potatoes of your choosing
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Ice Cubes


Directions

~Tear out some foil (I used 2 pieces of foil).
~Shape foil into a bowl (I placed my foil flat and placed a bowl in the middle and wrapped the foil around the bowl to give it a starting shape. Remove bowl and form into a bowl shape that works for you)
~Rinse and slice potatoes
~Put potatoes into foil
~Add butter, salt and pepper
~Add garlic if you would like some in your packet (mine did, Andy's did not)
~Place one ice cube in each packet (I have no idea why you do this, I just did and it came out great)
~Close the packet with the foil
~Put on a warm grill (we left our's on the warmer rack on the grill for around 45 minutes)



2 comments:

Jen said...

YUM!!! :) We are finally feeling fall here, I got to wear boots! Woo!

Sarah said...

Wow, those muffins sound delicious and unique!

Post a Comment